Coronavirus Contingency Plan
Given the guidelines set by the Government and Public Health England we have made the difficult but necessary decision to postpone the following events and move them to the autumn / winter of 2020:
- The Midlands Expo (Birmingham) – 28th April 2020 @ Aston Villa FC to 8th December 2020.
- The Thames Valley Expo (Ascot) – 4th June 2020 @ Ascot Racecourse to 28th October 2020.
- The South West Expo (Swindon) – 8th July 2020 @ Steam Museum to 16th September 2020.
We have been running events across the UK for almost 9 years, in good times and bad. We have never been in the position to have to postpone any of our events. However, the safety, wellbeing and security of our visitors, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, partners and staff are, ultimately, all that matter.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our sponsors, partners, exhibitors and speakers for their understanding and support. By standing with each other at this difficult time we will ensure that we are all able to survive and get through this as best as we can.
We understand that those who book exhibitor space / sponsorship do so because they want to raise their profile, meet new contacts and generate additional leads. Our commitment to all those who have booked / are going to book exhibitor space and sponsorship is that we will be providing additional free digital promotion to our vast national database during this period.
What We are Offering:
In 2018 we soft launched a national digital publication called SME Today which has an active subscription base of approx. 100,000 digital subscribers. I am pleased to say that this is being relaunched and will be live within the next few weeks.
SME Today will provide the following:
- A platform to promote your business and services online digitally across the UK
- Be featured in our digital publications / newsletters
- Be inspired, motivated, empowered and informed by our online articles
GBExpos Digital Conferences
We will also be launching digital GBExpos conference and training sessions that can be attended and accessed at home or in the office. These conferences will provide businesses and business owners with the skill training, information, inspiration and networking that they normally get from the expos.
- Some of the UK’s best live interactive trainers to upskill and empower businesses during this turbulent time.
- A vast array of topics
- Inspiring stories of successful entrepreneurs – live interviews with leading figures to inspire SMEs.
We need to use this time of isolation and low productivity to look at the areas often neglected in our business. This is a great opportunity to discover new tools, learn new skills and empower yourself to take your business forward and deal with areas of your business that might have been overlooked.
We want to support our entrepreneurial friends (speakers and trainers) whose earnings are affected during this period. Hence there will be a minimal charge of £30.00 + vat to attend each training session (our usual charge is between £100 – £200 + vat). We are trying to make this training affordable for all but we do need to charge this nominal fee to support the trainers and to help us cover the promotional and running costs of hosting these events.
You can find out more about the training sessions available on our Training page.