The current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, which began in December 2019, presents a significant challenge for the event industry.
As an organisation we are following the guidelines set by the Government and Public Health England – who are currently advising that events can still go ahead (we know this may change as the environment changes).
At present we are planning on all our events taking place as scheduled, but each event is reviewed by our senior management on a week by week basis. If the situation with coronavirus worsens, we will look to postpone The Midlands Expo to September 2020.
However, we will be implementing the following at our events moving forward (during the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak).
- We would ask that any delegates who have recently attended any of the infected countries, would heed advice and avoid attending our up and coming expo’s.
- If any delegate has been feeling unwell, we would advise seeking medical advice and avoid attending an expo until you are fully recovered.
- We will be introducing an Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitizer area before entrance is permitted to the registration desk / main expo hall. We will ask all guests and exhibitors to wash hands upon entrance and exit of the main expo hall.
- All exhibitors will be provided with their own Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitizers to be used throughout the day.
- We would advise against all handshakes, hugging and kissing at the expos.
- We will have alternatives to the speed networking sessions.
- We will not be handing out delegate bags.
- We would encourage business cards to be placed in bowls and not handed over to exhibitors directly.
At our events will be introducing the following new elements:
- Q&A Panels
- Live Pitch Your Business (Win Investment)
- Digital Scanners to exchange details instead of exchanging business cards
During this current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak we will be looking to put on digital events for all SMEs across the UK.
We will also be launching a digital GBExpos conference series that can be attended and accessed at home or in the office. This will ensure that businesses that depend upon the networking, workshops, keynotes and masterclasses will still benefit without having to physically attend an expo by attending online via our digital portals.