Join us on the 30th June for a day packed full of Networking, Inspiration, Education and Entrepreneurial Motivation. We have some of the UK’s Biggest Entrepreneurs speaking and sharing their incredible stories, experiences and top tips to get SMEs through the COVID-19 Crisis. We also have business related sessions happening throughout the day in which you can learn new skills to take your business forward.
Social Media Training for SMEs
Did you know 90% of all marketers say social media marketing has increased their business exposure & 66% of marketers that spend min 6 hours per week on social see more leads? Attend this online session and you will discover that marketing through social media is one of the most versatile and cost-effective strategies that small businesses can use to reach their target audience and boost sales.
What To Expect:
- Learn how to use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram for Business Lead Generation
- Generate more leads & sales from your social media activity
- Learn how to gain more followers that will engage with you
- Discover who your audience and target market are
- Find out the best times and ways to engage with your audience
- Learn which social media platform is best used to promote your industry sector
- Live Q& A with leading trainer
The Positive Impact of Customer Success In Times of Crisis
During these difficult times, you really come to realize how truly pivotal your existing customers are. Proactive communication is more important than ever. So what can you be doing right now that helps increase customer satisfaction, retention and advocacy?
What to expect:
- Ways to personalise your approach to your customers
- Strategies to keep your customers and drive more revenue
- How to spot the customers to focus on first
- Best ways to measure the success of your efforts
Join Harriet Ansell, Customer Success Manager EMEA from Maximizer Software as she shares her tips on driving long term growth for small businesses with Customer Success.
Jenny Campbell (BBC Dragon & UK Top Entrepreneur)
“Live by corporate standards, but breathe like an entrepreneur”.
Jenny Campbell is without doubt one of the most famous female entrepreneurs in the United Kingdom. Alongside fellow female investor Deborah Meaden, Jenny is perhaps best known as one of the millionaire businesspeople on the popular TV show, Dragons’ Den.
Having left school at the age of 16, Jenny soon found her way into the banking world. Continually developing her entrepreneurial instincts, Jenny later became the Chief Executive of YourCash Europe Limited & consequently a leading name in the British business world.
R&D Tax Credits for SMEs
(Do You Qualify)?
Has your company created new or enhanced existing product? Have you undertaken any work to improve processes or made improvements in services in order to reduce costs, win more business or improve service levels?
If you answered yes to any of the above you could qualify for R&D Tax Credits. Join our session and discover:
- What is R&D Tax Credits and can you claim any money back
- How you can plan your projects to maximise your R&D Tax Claim
- Understand and clear up some of the myths and misconceptions which surround R and D Tax Credits.
- Provide practical examples of how a company can make a claim
Whether you’ve never claimed before or you currently claim through your accountant or a consultant, this session will provide you with a strategy to save more money. Join us for a lively discussion, exploring successful R&D claims for SMEs across the UK.
Dame Stephanie ‘Steve’ Shirley
Dame Steve Shirley is one of the UK’s Leading Female Entrepreneurs.
Dame Stephanie (Steve) Shirley CH, age 86, is a workplace revolutionary and successful IT entrepreneur turned ardent philanthropist. www.steveshirley.com.
Her life story begins with her 1939 arrival in Britain as an unaccompanied Kindertransport refugee. In 1962, she started a software house, Freelance Programmers, that pioneered new work practices and changed the position of professional women, especially in hi-tech. She went on to create a global business and a personal fortune shared with her colleagues; she made 70 of her staff millionaires at no cost to anyone, but herself.
Since retiring in 1993, her focus has been increasingly on philanthropy based on her strong belief in giving back to society. In 2009/10 she served as the UK’s first ever national Ambassador for Philanthropy. Her charitable Shirley Foundation has initiated and funded a number of projects that are pioneering by nature and strategic in impact, totally £67m to date. The focus is on IT and her late son’s disorder of autism.
Her memoir Let It Go was published in 2012 www.let-it-go.co.uk. It has sold 27,000 copies and Penguin re-published in April 2019 with a view to distributing it worldwide – the first translated version is launch in Germany in July 2020. A big screen film is also in the making, the shortlist for an actress to play Dame Stephanie includes Claire Foy and Emily Blunt.
Dame Stephanie has been much honoured. In 2013, she was named by Woman’s Hour as one of the 100 most powerful women in Britain. In 2014, the Science Council listed her as one of the Top 100 practising scientists in the UK. In 2015, Dame Stephanie was given the Women of the Year Special Award. Her TED Talk in 2015 was to a standing ovation from more than a thousand of the world’s most recognised technical entrepreneurs, thinkers, creators and doers. It has received 2.1m views.
Nyasha Gwatidzo: How To Develop An 8-Figure Business.
Nyasha is one of the UK’s leading social entrepreneurs, with over 30 years’ experience with building 8-figure Businesses. Nyasha has launched and built several successful multi-million-pound Businesses in the UK, which have generated a cumulative £130 Million turnover.
Attend this session and you will learn:
- 5 Steps to turn your passion into a purpose driven business?
- What is your WHY?
- Understand what the real challenges are that affect your growth the most.
- How to scale up and grow a meaningful business.
The advice Nyasha will be sharing comes from real, practical experience. She will be drawing from the knowledge she has gained through launching my own Multi-Million-Pound businesses. This session will help and guide you through what it takes to pivot, overcome objections and succeed as an entrepreneur.
Camilita Nuttall – Grow Your Business, Income & Success In 90 Days!
Camilita Nuttall has achieved huge success against the most impossible odds. Born & raised in Trinidad, as child Camilita had to hustle each day at the public dump to collect empty bottles to sell to pay for her education.
Camilita worked hard to escape poverty had built herself a hugely successful Multi-Million-Pound Business Empire and is a coach to some of the world’s biggest celebrity entrepreneurs.
Join Camilita as teaches you her 90 day plan to grow your Business, Income & Success!
What To Expect:
- Are you struggling to get your NEW or existing business off the ground, but confused about what to do?
- Are you at a point where you’re saying to yourself ‘I have to make a change’ or ‘I don’t want to face another year unprepared, unplanned or without support to fulfill my dreams’?
- Are you thinking about changing careers, calling it quits, or maybe you want some direction but don’t know where to turn?
- Are you at a place where you’re wondering ‘where is my life going’?
- Are you worried about your retirement, you’re over 40 and don’t have enough residual income without working?
- Are you fed up with your life the way it is? Your relationships, your business, your finances – what finances?
- Are you at a point where you’re saying to yourself ‘I have to make a change’ or ‘I don’t want to face another year unprepared, unplanned or without support to fulfil my dreams’?
Over the last 10 years Camilita has helped entrepreneurs around the world create multiple incomes and fast track their success. Now it’s your turn!
Come and tell us all about your business, the services or products that you offer and let’s look at how we can all benefit each other. At our recent Online Networking event an SME achieved 20 sales totalling 50K revenue so far.
What To Expect:
- Learn top networking tips and insights from the founder of one of the UK’s biggest networks!
- Network online from home via zoom
- 40 Second intro round
- 20 min’ keynote from special guest Alison Edgar on her TED Talk “The Art of Getting What You Want”!
- CHANCE TO WIN a free feature in national publication SME Today worth £500 + vat